Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Breaking New Ground

The vast majority of the people who follow this blog are cyber-friends who know me only through this blog and my comments on other writing blogs.  To many I am a sun-glassed smart-ass who has a penchant for photos with water in the background.  But what do I look like without the glasses?  And what do I sound like?  Do have have a deep and sexy voice, or an accent?  Are my eyes lasers that will incinerate you if I remove the glasses? (NOTE: The lawyers from the X-Men will see you now.) 

Some bloggers have turned to web-cams and posted videos to get more personal with their readers. (NOTE: Not that kind of web-cam.  The innocent tasteful kind.)  I have yet to take that leap.  Stand before walk, and sound before sight, that's my motto.  At least for the time being it is.  I'll probably change it later today.  Notably around dinner time my motto will be Feed me! followed by More wine, please!


For those who want to get a little more personal, tune in to 1290 AM Thursday at 1:35 pm eastern to listen to my interview on The Biggs Show.  For those who don't have the advantage of residence in London, Ontario, you can Listen Live via the Internet.

This is exciting because I have no idea what to expect, but I anticipate solving many of the worlds problems in the half-hour allotted.  I might even entice a few people into buying my book, which would be all sorts of awesome.

The offer for the interview came after I issued this press release about my origins of Santa story, The Man in the Cinder Clouds.  (NOTE: I realize you all probably know the title of the book, but I must restate it for search engine optimization purposes.)

I didn't know what to expect when I issued the release, and was very happy when the offer for the interview hit my inbox 19 minutes after the release hit the wire!

So tune in tomorrow afternoon if you have the time.  I'd love to get some feedback after the interview...

9 comments:

L. Vendrell said...

Congrats! I will try and listen ... work permitting.

Rick Daley said...

Thanks Luis. I don't know if I can get a recording, but I'm going to try...

Joshua McCune said...

That is very cool... Are you going to talk like an Elf?

Rick Daley said...

Doubtful on Elf-speak. I may let out a Ho-ho-ho if the moment seems right, though.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Congrats on that! Exciting!

dolorah said...

Ah, the next "Terry Pratchet" to watch?

You go for all its worth Rick; and I'll toast your success with a glass of wine of my own.

I'd really like to hear you talking like an elf. The big one, with the Ho Ho Ho series.

What can I say, I'm easily entertained :)

........dhole

Rick Daley said...

Michelle / Donna- Thanks, I'm pretty excited. I don't really know what to expect, but all modesty aside, I LOVE talking about myself and my book, so it should be cool ;-)

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

So cool! And I'm very much the "no video, thank you very much" type as well. But radio? That could be awesome! Good luck! :)

Rick Daley said...

Sue- I've been told I have a radio voice before, it will be neat to test it out for real. I've done professional voice recording for telephone systems (on-hold messages and other greetings / announcements) and other sorts of public speaking, so that comes natural to me. I'm sure I'll be nervous beforehand, but I'm pretty excited to have this opportunity!