Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sand Art- What a Croc!

Friday was the last day at the beach.  Yesterday we were up at 5:30 am, on the road by 6:45am, and thanks to loads of traffic that at one time required 90 minutes to move forward 10 miles, we made it home by 9:15pm.

I made two sculptures on Friday.  First was an alligator, but it may really be a crocodile (NOTE: Crikey!) because I tried to show some teeth outside its mouth.  I think that's the major difference between the two, aside from the spelling of their names, but I'm not willing to consult Wikipedia right now so someone will have to fact-check me in the comments.  The final sculpture will be posted later today...




4 comments:

Joshua McCune said...

Nicely done, as always.

Rick Daley said...

Thanks! This one came out great. I've been working on contour and detail...adding things to make more lines and shadows so the sculpture stands out more in the photos (and also playing with the angles form which I take the pictures).

I probably had more fun at the beach than the kids did...

scott g.f.bailey said...

This is really cool. For a while here in town, there was someone going around putting a full-sized rubber (I think) alligator halfway into storm drains, like it was ducking back under cover. People were alarmed. I thought it was funny.

Rick Daley said...

Thanks Scott. They should have put it by the troll statue too. It would make a good pet.