Thursday, August 25, 2011

What Are My Kids Snorting?

My wife and my younger son suffer from allergies.  We all get them to some degree, but they are your above-average sufferers. (NOTE: They are also above average in many other wonderful ways, and I'm not just saying that for brownie points because my wife reads this blog.  Really.)

My wife has a sinus rinse bottle that you fill with a salt-water solution and squirt up your nose.  It all comes out your other nostril and looks totally disgusting, except when my wife does it, then it's kind of hot. (NOTE: Still just sticking to the facts here.  Not going after brownie points.  Love you dear!).

The other day, she offered the sinus rinse to my son.  He was reluctant.  He said he didn't like how it feels; but this was perplexing because he had not tried the sinus rinse before.  When my wife pressed him for more information, he revealed this gem:

"One time I put water up my nose in the bathtub."

It happens, I guess.  When my wife pressed him for more information, he revealed this gem:

"I was pretending to be an elephant."

Gotta love that boy and his extra-vivid imagination...

#

11 comments:

Unknown said...

haha, that's so cute!!

Sharon said...

omg-thanx... coffee out the nose this morning...

Rick Daley said...

Marisa- My wife told me the story and asked me if I thought he really was pretending to be an elephant.

"Without a doubt!" was my reply.

Rick Daley said...

Sharon- Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!

Joshua McCune said...

neti-pots are disgusting, but it's better than all that decongesting noise :)

Rick Daley said...

I like the neti-pot infomercials. They have someone with a big cheesy smile while water is streaming from the other nostril. No real person smiles like that, especially when saltwater is flowing through their congested sinuses.

And for today's dose of TMI: The first time I used the sinus rinse, I was so clogged it didn't make it out the other nostril, it all drained down my throat and/or out my mouth. I know you needed to know that. You're welcome.

L. Vendrell said...

Kids are awesome. That made me laugh.

Last week we were watching RIO and my wife asked our almost three year old, "Is that Jesus?" when the statue came on screen.

Without hesitation he looked at her and said, "Yes, that is Jesus."

So now we randomly look at one another and say, "Yes, that is Jesus."

Rick Daley said...

Luis- It's fun adopting kids' sayings into family vernacular. I still call breakfast "breftist" from when my 10-year-old was 2-3.

Is RIO good? We haven't seen that one yet. I really enjoyed Kung Fu Panda II.

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

LOL!

I swear there's nothing more entertaining than kids. #guessI'llkeepmine

Word ver: calsones (now I'm hungry)

dolorah said...

Kids; sometimes you're not willing to trade them in :)

......dhole

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's best not to press kids for more details...in my experience it's best not to press kids at all..but that's just me.
Visiting from Pay It Forward.